Easy Crockpot Recipes You will LOVE Coming Home To
Pull out the slow cooker! The chilly weather is here, and it's getting darker sooner. How about coming home to a yummy smelling house, and dinner already cooked?!
The cool weather is sneaking on in, Fall and Winter are upon us. The days get shorter, but somehow, your days feel longer. You have so much to do daily, the last thing you want to do when you get home from work, is cook dinner. Most nights, you end up just snacking on something because your too tired to cook. That's me for sure!
Then, the other day, I remembered, cool weather, is soup/stew weather! I pulled out the slow cooker, and went grocery shopping. Pork Chili will be made this week. It's so nice to come home to a cooked dinner and a yummy smelling house! To inspire you, I have found 3 Crockpot meals to cook up for yourself and/or family. Add the ingredients, set it, and forget it!
1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
2 large potatoes, cubes
2 stalks of celery, sliced
2 onions, diced
1 can of peas
3 small carrots, sliced
1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed tomato soup
1 1/4 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Place a the potatoes in a layer to cover the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the celery over the potatoes, and cover with a layer of ground beef. Season each layer with salt and pepper. Throw in the carrots, onions and peas. Mix together the tomato soup and water, and pour over the top. Cover, and set to low for 6 to 8 hours.
Chicken Pot Pie Stew
4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, cut into cubes
10 medium red potatoes, quartered
1 (8 ounce) bag of baby carrots
1 cup chopped celery
2 (26 ounce) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
6 cubes of chicken bouillon
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
1 teaspoon of celery salt
1 tablespoon of ground pepper
1 (16 ounce) bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken soup, chicken bouillon, garlic salt, celery salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker; cook on High for 5 hours.
- Stir the frozen mixed vegetables into the slow cooker, and cook 1 hour more.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with a KICK
2 pounds of ground turkey
1 package of taco seasoning
1 yellow onion chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, drained
1 (15 ounce) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10.75 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chili powder
3 canned green chili peppers, sliced
1 tablespoon diced peppers from adobo sauce with chipotle peppers, more if you want it really spicy
2 teaspoons of Sriracha Sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground turkey in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir taco seasoning into ground turkey until evenly coated.
- Mix seasoned ground turkey, onion, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato soup, black beans, chili powder, green chile peppers, chipotle peppers from adobo sauce, chile-garlic sauce, black pepper, salt, basil, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low, 8 to 9 hours (or High about 4 hours).