COVID-19 Guidelines for New England Patriots Training Camp
Can you believe that Patriots Training Camp starts next month?! Yup, and the NFL has sent down the guidelines for all teams to adhere to as we start playing football in a global pandemic. Several key points from the NFL
- The Patriots must hold practices at their training facility in Foxborough. There was some talk about moving the operation to Rhode Island this year. Not gonna happen
- Locker rooms must be set up to have 6 feet between lockers. Ok, multiply that by 99 players and the Pats are gonna need a LOT of room. Hello, Foxborough practice bubble.
- Virtual team meetings
- Different "tiers" of personnel to keep groups away from each other.
- Staggered times in the weight room.
- Everything obviously will be cleaned and then disinfected and then cleaned again
- The use of facemasks during non-athletic activity. Not the football type of facemask...the type you wear when you go to Hannaford.
Will the public be allowed to visit training camp this year? Something tells me no. And that's a bummer.
What happens if someone on the team tests positive? I hope differently but you gotta figure between all the teams in the NFL, that SOMEONE will test positive.
Will people be in the crowd for Pre Season Games?
We can't wait to see what the Pats come up as the Tom Bradyless Era begins in Foxborough. Here's the Pats schedule. We have them at 9-7.
· Week 1: vs. MIA (Sunday, Sept. 13 @ 1 p.m.
· Week 2: @ SEA (Monday, Sept. 20 @ 8:20 p.m.
· Week 3: vs. LV (Sunday, Sept. 27 @ 1 p.m.
· Week 4: @ KC (Sunday, Oct. 4 @ 4:25 p.m.
· Week 5: vs. DEN (Sunday, Oct. 11 @ 1 p.m.
· Week 6: BYE
· Week 7: vs. SF (Sunday, Oct. 25 @ 4:25 p.m.
· Week 8: @ BUF (Sunday, Nov. 1 @ 1 p.m.
· Week 9: @ NYJ (Monday, Nov. 9 @ 8:15 p.m.
· Week 10: vs. BAL (Sunday, Nov. 15 @ 8:20 p.m.
· Week 11: @ HOU (Sunday, Nov. 22 @ 1 p.m.
· Week 12: vs. ARI (Sunday, Nov. 29 @ 1 p.m.
· Week 13: @ LAC (Sunday, Dec. 6 @ 4:25 p.m.
· Week 14: @ LAR (Thursday, Dec. 10 @ 8:20 p.m.
· Week 15: @ MIA (Sunday, Dec. 20 @ 1 p.m.
· Week 16: vs. BUF (Monday, Dec. 28 @ 8:15 p.m.
· Week 17: vs. NYJ (Sunday, Jan. 3 @ 1 p.m. ET)