Alton Police Remind Hunters To Practice Proper Safety After An Incident Over The Weekend
According to the Alton NH Police Department Facebook Page, over the weekend a stray bullet hit a residence on Stockbridge Corner Road. Thankfully, no one was injured or killed but this story could have had a tragic ending.
The hunter has been tracked down and has taken responsibility for his actions. He was charged for negligently discharging a firearm and lost his hunting license.
The Alton Police department took this incident as an opportunity to remind and refresh hunters on the importance of proper safety in the woods. According to Chief Ryan Heath those safety tips include:
- Control your firearm muzzle at all times.
- Always wear safety glasses.
- Know where your hunting partners are at all times.
- Shoot only within your zone of fire.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Always keep your hunting dog under control.
- Wear hunter orange on your head, back and chest