C.M.P.’s Generator Safety Tips!
This power outage will likely be a multi-day event for some of Central Maine Power Company's customers. If this isn't their first rodeo, they may have a backup generator to keep the lights on and the fridge humming. Let's be safe out there though, improperly using a generator can have disastrous results.
Here are some generator safety tips from C.M.P.:
- Your generator must be kept dry and properly grounded.
- Never refuel the generator while it's running.
- Store generator fuels away from the generator and your home.
- Don't touch it if you are wet or on damp ground.
- Only operate the generator outside in a clear, dry area away from your homes air intake.
- Make sure that all of the electrical connections meet code, that you have the correct size generator for your needs and that it's not overloaded.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
Find more tips and information on C.M.P.'s website.